It is getting warm and you may be looking for refreshment and something new to do with the family. How about making your own ice cream? Here’s how.
You will need:
- 4 cups of ice
- 1 cup of rock salt
- 1 cup half & Half
- 11/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 quart sized baggies
- 1 gallon baggie
- A medium sized bowl
- First to make the base combine milk and sugar in the medium bowl
- Next, mix in vanilla and any other flavors you want – you can include chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you choose.
- Set the base in the fridge while you combine the ice and salt in the gallon baggie and shake well.
- Now transfer the base to the 2 quart-sized baggies and get as much air out of the bag as possible and then completely seal the bags.
- Place the smaller baggies in the gallon baggie and put on your gloves as the baggie will get very cold. Then shake the bag for about 10 minutes. Then take the baggies with the ice cream in them out of the gallon bag and rinse them with cold water.
- Stir your ice cream and it is ready to eat. If you want it to be more solid put the ice cream in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
Now you have an easy summer treat. Enjoy!