preparing for your appointment
When you make an appointment at Moseman Law Office, LLC
In order to help you as much as possible, we will need information from you. The items listed below are documents including contracts, bills, titles, tax returns, and more. The more of these documents that you bring with you, the sooner we will be able to assess your situation and provide you with answers including a strategy.
- Tax Returns for the last two (2) years;
- Pay Stubs for the last 6 months for your (and spouse if applicable);
- Copy of recent bank statements for all accounts;
- Copy of life insurance policies;
- Copy of 401K plan;
- Copy of property deeds;
- Copy of any home loan or refinancing;
- Titles to vehicles owned along with proof of insurance;
- Recent credit card and other bills;
- Copy of any other outstanding debts or loans.
- Copy of any prior Estate Planning Documents;
- Most recent bank, retirement, and investment account statements;
- Copies of retirement plan, life insurance policies, and annuity contracts;
- Deeds to any property owned;
- Titles to vehicles, boats, trailers, RVs, etc.;
- Any prenuptial, marital, or divorce agreements;
- An initial list of those who you would designate to serve on your behalf (including Executor, Trustee, Guardian, and Power of Attorney);
- An initial list of those who you wish to receive bequests from your estate;
Contactinformation of all immediate family members; Contactinformation ofall individuals you would designate to serve on your behalf; and
- Contact information for all other professional advisors including CPA, insurance, and financial advisors.
- The Decedent’s original Will and any Codicils if applicable;
- The Decedent’s Trust Agreement if applicable;
- The Decedent’s death certificate;
- Copy of any life insurance policies owned by Decedent;
- Copy of all recent bank statements along with a list of bank accounts, certificates of deposit or safety deposit boxes;
- Copy of any documentation regarding stocks, bonds, annuities, retirement plan, pension plan, 401k plan, IRA, or other investments;
- Copy of all deeds to property owned by Decedent;
- Copy of a paid funeral bill;
- Copy of credit card statements along with any and all other bills of Decedent that have not yet been paid, including medical bills, mortgages, loans, or vehicle payments;
- Any documentation from individuals stating they have a claim against Decedent; and
- A list of the contact information for Decedent’s surviving spouse, children, parents if living, the children of a deceased child, the beneficiaries named in the Will if applicable.
- The ticket, accident report, case number, and statement of charges filed against you;
- Copies of all paperwork sent to you by the DMV;
- Information regarding any other cases which you are currently on parole or probation for, if applicable;
- List of all prior traffic of DUI offenses on your record;
- Your driver’s license, proof of insurance, and documentation of any driver improvement/training course you have taken in the last year;
- Documentation regarding any alcohol or substance abuse courses you have taken in the last year;
- Names and contact information for any witnesses involved in your case; and
- A personal written statement regarding your memory of the events that occurred prior to, at the time of, and following the citation.
Your personal statement should include information such as:
- Where were you prior to the traffic stop?
- Who were you with?
- How much did you have to eat and drink?
- What statements were made by the arresting officer at the time of the stop?
- What field
sobriety tests weregiven?
- Was your vehicle searched?
- Were you read your Miranda rights?
- Did you answer any of the officer’s questions?
- Did you ask to speak to an attorney?
- Prenuptial agreement or separation agreement if applicable;
- Tax return information for you and your spouse for the last three (3) years;
- Business income tax return information for you and your spouse for the last three (3) years;
- Documentation regarding you and/or your spouse’s pension plan(s), IRA(s), 401(k) plan(s), life insurance policies, and any other benefits statements;
- Documentation regarding any stocks, bonds, annuity plans, or any other investment accounts held by you or your spouse;
- The most recent statements for all bank checking and savings accounts, money market accounts, and certificates of deposit;
- Documentation regarding any mortgages, loans, lines of credit, and vehicle loans/leases;
- Pay stubs for you and your spouse for the last three (3) months;
- A copy of all deeds to real estate you or your spouse currently own;
- The most recent credit card statements for you and your spouse;
- Copy of outstanding bills including utilities, school tuition, unreimbursed medical bills, or other child care costs;
- Documentation for all other insurance policies including health insurance, homeowner’s insurance, and automobile insurance.
- A list of personal property including home furnishings, electronics, office equipment, clothing, appliances, and jewelry.
- A list of property owned by each spouse prior to the marriage and a list of property acquired by each spouse individually during the marriage as a gift or inheritance; and
- A copy of you and your spouse’s estate planning documents including Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Healthcare Directives.
- The deed(s) to the real estate in question;
- A copy of any mortgage, release from mortgage, line of credit, or property lien associated with the real estate;
- Documentation regarding property taxes whether current or outstanding;
- The contact information for any co-owners; and
- The contact information for any individuals or entities the property is being transferred to.
Contact Moseman Law Office in Mentor, Ohio – Serving Northeast Ohio
Helping people through difficult situations is the main goal of our office. As attorneys who specialize in many areas, we understand how much you need to know that someone is standing with you through these tough times. Contact us today and let us help you get started on a new path with answers, direction, and a clear strategy for moving forward with your life.
Moseman Law Office, LLC
Moseman Law Office, LLC is a full-service legal firm located in Mentor, Ohio, serving all of Northeast Ohio and providing personalized legal solutions to its clients.
Moseman Law Office, LLC
8500 Station St., Ste 210
Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: (440) 255-0832